Community Living North Bay’s Summer Experience is a social, recreational and educational program offered by Transition Services to those youth registered with Transition Services.
Community Transition Services strive to help create and achieve goals within youth’s lives. The summer experience will focus on enhancing life skills pertaining to work, school, community connections, rights and advocacy, as well as independent living.
Students will be given the opportunity to explore North Bay by utilizing a variety of support programs and agencies offered within their community. These activities include gardening with community gardens, volunteering with non-profit organizations, learning how to prepare for work/volunteer opportunities in North Bay as well as safety skills while creating more independence.
The Transitions Coordinators will act as facilitators, while linking the students with community organizations and services. This helps create natural connections, which are an important part of the transition planning process. The Summer Experience allows the students to learn a variety of life skills in order to achieve their short and long term goals.
Please confirm your attendance in advance by calling or Emailing either Chris or Donna before the day of interest
See you soon!!
Chris Thorn…[email protected]
Donna Scully…[email protected]
- Times for all programs will be 10:00 am to 2:30 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays
- All Summer Experience Workshops being offered on Wednesdays will be offered at 235 Albert Street. Wednesdays will begin at 235 Albert and proceed to 175 Chippewa Street by city transit if you also register for the Abuse Seminars
- The Abuse Seminars will be from 1:00 pm to 2:30pm on Wednesdays at 175 Chippewa Street
- All Summer Experience Programs offered on Fridays will begin and end at the North Bay Bus Depot on Oak street
- There is a 5$ per day cost for the Healthy Eating/Cooking program on Friday mornings
- There is a waiver to be signed for both CrossFit and Good Life Fitness (those 18yrs or older can sign for themselves)
- If you are a minor then please go to Good Life Fitness with a parent or guardian prior to attending on the Friday as registration is required before attending
- CrossFit waivers are available at our office at Greenwood Baptist Church located at 235 Albert Street and need to be signed prior to attending
- You are prepared for any weather
- Have appropriate foot wear and clothing for the activity
- Have a bus pass or money to use public transit
Transitions coordinators will be present to assist with the facilitation of community events and community connections. Transition Coordinators are not 1:1 support workers; if you would not usually spend time alone in the community then arrangements for additional supports is your responsibility.
Always check the online calendar for any changes. Summer Experience Calendar can be found here:
It is necessary to call 705-472-3652 or Email Chris or Donna in advance to register for events or activities you would like to attend as events will be cancelled if there are no registrations.